Mercury is odorless, colorless, and tasteless, unless under a black light, then the vapors can be seen rising from the tooth like it was a cigarette. Mercury is a natural and very poisonous substance, its chemical symbol is Hg, and the commonly found and used chemical of Mercury is Mercuric Sulfide HgS.

Mercury poisoning symptoms are systemic. This means that it doesn’t just affect one part of the body, but it affects every system in the body. In addition to this, mercury poisoning inhibits the immune system and therefore the patient will have other diseases as well.

Symptoms of mercury poisoning in humans

1. Psychological disturbances
Angry fits, short term memory loss, low self esteem, inability to sleep, loss of self-control, sleepiness. Loss of an ability to learn new things, doing things by rote.

2. Oral Cavity problems
Inflammation of the mouth, loss of bone around teeth, ulcerated gums and other areas in the mouth, loose teeth, darkening of gums, taste of metal, bleeding of gums.

3. Digestive tract problems
Cramps, inflamed colon, GI problems, Diarrhea and other digestive problems.

4. Cardiovascular problems
Weak pulse, blood pressure changes, chest pain, or feeling of pressure in the chest area.

5. Respiratory problems
Weakness and problems with breathing, Emphysema, Coughing persistently.

6. Neurological Problems
Headaches, vertigo, tinnitus, shaking in various areas of the body (eye lids, feet etc)

7. Symptoms in children
Mercury poisoning in Children is a cause of many symptoms of developmental disorders including Autism, Asperger’s, PDD-NOS, ADD.

- This information is posted at Buzzle.com, by Jayashree Pakhare